With the advent of social media and the rise of access to information, an increasing number of people are incorporating aesthetic injections like Botox and fillers into their anti-aging routine. While public perception of these types of procedures has started to shift, there are still plenty of misconceptions when it comes to what exactly these practices entail. Especially when we’re typically bombarded with images of people who have had extreme procedures done, rather than more subtle modifications. Joining us today to shed some much-needed light on this topic is Alana Vollrath, a medical aesthetic injectionist with ten years of experience as a nurse, and owner of The Aesthetic Room YYC.
We hear from Alana about how she made the transition from nursing to medical aesthetics, and why having a comprehensive knowledge of anatomy is so important in this field. She goes on to provide a detailed overview of the types of treatments she offers, including Botox and dermal fillers, (and the risks involved) before describing the significant psychological and physical benefits that clients experience after these procedures. We also discuss the medical applications of Botox, how to dissolve dermal fillers and how to find the right practitioner for you. If you’re curious about these types of procedures but are unsure of where to begin, then be sure to tune in for this informative conversation!
Key Points From This Episode:
- Introducing today’s guest, Alana Vollrath, owner of The Aesthetic Room YYC.
- An overview of the services offered at The Aesthetic Room YYC.
- Alana’s experience as a nurse and how she became a medical aesthetic injectionist.
- A rundown of the types of injectables that Alana uses.
- How Botox works and why it’s so effective on wrinkles.
- Examples of the various medical applications for Botox.
- Why dosing, education, and experience are so important when you inject Botox.
- How dermal fillers address the volume loss we experience as we age.
- The art of doing lip fillers and why an assessment prior to the procedure is essential.
- Why Botox and dermal fillers require repeat appointments and follow-ups.
- How dermal fillers can be dissolved if you aren’t happy with the results.
- The risks that accompany Botox treatments.
- Why Alana sometimes needs to turn away clients due to safety concerns.
- The positive effects of feeling good about how you look.
- The importance of finding a qualified and experienced professional for aesthetic injections.
- How clinics, doctors, nurses, and dentists become certified.
- The continual education required to stay up to date as a practitioner.
- Some of the vitamin injections that Alana offers at her clinic.
“You really do need to be educated in your anatomy. Because if you inject into the wrong tissue plan or the wrong muscle, things can damage your face. So you have to be very careful.” — Alana Vollrath [0:03:30]
“That’s everyone’s biggest question when they come in. What are they going to look like? What’s the outcome going to look like? Everybody’s skin is different. And they absorb this dermal filler differently.” — Alana Vollrath [0:23:35]
“I think there’s a big stigma that you’re going to look fake or you’re going to look overfilled or overdone. I think if you’re using it properly, and just a very normal amount, you can definitely look refreshed, and the average person won’t even know that you had anything done.” — Alana Vollrath [0:25:56]